Network Strategy 2023 – 2025
The Restaurant & Hospitality Skillnet are in the process of planning our 2023 – 2025 network strategy for submission for Skillnet Ireland funding later this year. This funding will allow us to continue developing and delivering learning and development activities and programmes for the restaurant and hospitality industry.
Over the last 3 years we have developed and delivered a range of programmes and initiatives, including:
- Food & Beverage Skills training
- Customer Care training
- Professional Kitchen Management
- Management Development & Leadership Programmes
- Positive Wellbeing
- 3 levels of Certified Hospitality e-learning programmes
- Restaurant & Hospitality Skills/ Rebrand Yourself programmes for Jobseekers
- Digital Standard Operating Procedures
- We are currently developing:
- LEAN e-learning programme – Creating Continuous Improvements in F&B
- Sustainability for Small Hospitality Business e-learning programme
- Basic English Language course for hospitality
- Research report focusing on attracting and retaining talent
Over the next 3 years we will continue to run a range of learning and development initiatives, including public courses, in company training, and workshops which will be delivered through different methods – in person, virtual and blended. We will also continue to run our range of e-learning training programmes.
What do we need from industry?
Working with industry over the coming weeks to determine the skills and knowledge needs of employers, employees and jobseekers will be vital for a successful application. We are looking to engage with industry members to discuss how we can help meet the training/learning and development needs of industry.
What do we need to know from industry?
We need to know:
- high-level trends, opportunities and threats facing industry
- current skills gaps amongst employees
- training courses and initiatives employers need for employees
- training budgets and preferred method of delivery for training
- additional resources industry need to attract and retain talent (research, frameworks, competency models)
- future skills needs (digital, sustainability, SME leadership, workforce innovation)
- what skills/knowledge new entrants to the sector need to have
How will we do this?
We will be doing this through one to one calls with members, a number of focus groups and an online survey.
How can you be involved?
- Complete our Training Needs Analysis here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/KD9SDL3
- Register for our virtual Focus Groups on September 7th & 8th by emailing our Network Manager Niamh – email@example.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 01 6779901