Start Date: 08/11/2021
Duration: 5 Days (9.30am - 4.30pm)
Location: Imperial Hotel, Cork City
This course is aimed at unemployed individuals and individuals planning on returning to work. The course will be run for five days. This provides an opportunity to learn new skills, increase awareness of employment opportunities, enhance interview and CV skills and increase motivation and confidence of individuals to potentially get a job in the restaurant and hospitality industry.
• Demonstrate the daily tasks of restaurant and hospitality staff
• Show staff how to greet a guest and respond to their needs
• Learn food hygiene standards
• Complete a manual handling course
• Understand basic food and beverage terminology
• Learn skills in working within and maintaining a bar
• Refresh interview skills and prepare a CV
• Complete three days of work experience in a hotel or restaurant
Who is the course for
This course is aimed at unemployed individuals and individuals planning on returning to work.
FREE for unemployed individuals
• Customer Service
• Food Hygiene
• Manual Handling
• Bar Skills
• Restaurant Skills
• CV Prep and Interview Skills
• Work Experience
Fiona has in excess of 20 years’ experience in the tourism and hospitality industry. Graduating in Hotel & Catering Management from GMIT in 1998, she completed the “Train the Trainer” course with Failte Ireland in 2004. She has proceeded to deliver training in the hospitality sector for over 10 years. In May 2016 Fiona completed the Manual Handling Instructors course as well as the Training Needs, Identification & Design level 6. Fiona has managed over 600 staff in premium hotels and innovating award- winning bars throughout the country.
8th, 9th, 15th, 16th, 22nd