Start Date: 19/03/2024 + 20/03 & 21/03
Location: 3 days IMI, Sandyford Rd, Sandyford, Dublin, D16 X8C3
Full Fee: €2285
Network Members Fee: €1828
Equip yourself with the strategies and tools to excel in negotiations.
Master the art of the deal. Negotiation is a fundamental skill for leaders to reach their full potential. This programme will equip you to become more strategic and tactical in your dealmaking as you learn how to add value for your business.
By the end of this programme participants will:
- Be able to confidently navigate complex negotiations as you deploy the best-practice techniques and tools to add value for your business.
- Develop a more tactical mindset in your dealings, giving you a sense of when to push and when to pull.
- Be empowered to make a telling impact in any negotiations that you are involved in.
Who is this course for?
This course is for you, if you want to create a framework to solve problems for your business through negotiating.
- Understand how a goal focus positively impacts negotiation.
- Explore negotiation – the concept.
- Common mistakes in negotiation.
- Distinguish distributive and integrative negotiation concepts.
- Start to Develop your diagnostic tools.
- Display your skills.
- Distributive Negotiation.
- Splitting the difference.
- Understand the four-step process of negotiation: preparation, opening, bargaining and closing.
- Harness the power of preparation.
- Conquer the three elements of opening: building rapport, anchoring and setting the scene.
- Conduct an effective bargaining process: learn and practice practical strategies, tools and tactics.
- Research on more effective negotiators
- Make an effective close
- Display your skills.
- Integrative Negotiation.
- Adapt your style to the situation.
- Ten nightmare tactics employed in negotiations and how to countermand them.
- Action planning for strategic success in mutual gains negotiations with clients.
- Harness the six principles of effective persuasion.
Irish Management Institute
Our Mission, And Passion, Is to Equip Leaders To Build The Future.Founded by business leaders for business leaders, IMI areempowering world-class executives for over sixty years.In partnership with UCC’s expert research faculty and an international network of thought leaders, our globallyranked executive development will challenge, support and inspire you to unlock your potential and fulfil your ambition.Surrounded by passionate, like-minded executives, you’ll be equipped with the tools and insights to shape the future of your organisation. IMI’stransformational impact will last, allowing organisations and their leaders to constantly evolve to match and successfully fulfil their potential.
The Irish Hospitality Institute (IHI) was founded in 1966 as the professional membership body for professionals working within hospitality, tourism and catering industries in Ireland.
Since its founding, the IHI has been dedicated to promoting professional development and lifelong learning through a variety of management development and training initiatives, including seminars, conferences, and networking opportunities.
“Our mission is to encourage and enable the professional growth of our industry professionals while also promoting excellence in the hospitality and tourism industry”.
We are pleased to partner with the Irish Management Institute and the Restaurant and Hospitality Skillnet to support the professional development and growth of our industry professionals.