Start Date: 04/05/2023
Duration: 3 hour webinar (10am - 1pm)
Full Fee: €90
Network Members Fee: €70
This webinar will give the participants a good basic understanding of how LEAN and Six Sigma can be applied in an Food & Beverage setting. Throughout this webinar learners will be provided with many practical examples which they can implement within the business.
By the end of this workshop, learners will be able to:
- Explain what is meant by a “continuous improvement” mindset and describe the fundamental parts.
- Describe how methodologies like LEAN & Six Sigma can be applied in a F&B setting to improve processes
- Discuss some of the common LEAN tools that can be used to “continuously improve” processes in your business
- List several examples of how simple “continuous improvement” methods can be used to improve guest service, team-member engagement, efficiency and profitability
- Describe how you would ensure that improvements can be sustained and optimised over the long term
Who is this course for?
Those working in F&B within the industry.
- What is Continuous improvement?
- History of LEAN & Six Sigma (LSS)
- Why apply LSS in your F&B business?
- Applying the Continuous Improvement mindset
- Understanding Customer value
- Overview of LSS Tools & Problem-Solving Methods
- Common inefficient processes
- LEAN Project Framework
- How to sustain the Improvements
Subject Matter Expert
Tom McDermott – Agility Hospitality
Before establishing Agility Hospitality, Tom worked internationally for Starwood, Cunard, Radisson and subsequently Hilton where following several General Manager roles in the UK he was asked to lead Hiltons innovative “Operational Excellence” continuous improvement programme across Europe, Middle East & Africa.
Tom holds a QQI Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, a QQI Level 6 Train The Trainer Certification, a Level 9 Professional Diploma in Transversal Skills at UCD & TU Dublin and recently completed a Level 9 Early Career Mentoring programme with Convene Enterprise Mentoring at TU Dublin School of Hospitality Management & Tourism.