Start Date: 05/03/2024
Duration: 9.30am - 4.00pm
Location: Virtual Delivery
Full Fee: €100
Network Members Fee: €75
Are you ready to deliver superior customer care? It is time to reset standards so the customers want to return.
This one day virtual programme will provide you with all the essential customer service knowledge and skills for you and your staff to WOW your customers and help you to gain loyal customers.
By the end of this programme, learners will be able to:
- Understand the latest customer care developments
- Identify customers’ expectations
- Estimate the level of customer care within the business
- Understand the difference between Service and CUSTOMER Service
- Calculate the “Lifetime Value” of a customer and understand the implications of losing a customer (Golden Rule!)
- Understand why we lose customers and how staff behavior is a major reason
- Handle complaints and empower staff to do “something extra”
- Set Customer Care standards – appearance, friendliness, professionalism, greetings,
Who is this course for?
This course is for owners, managers, or supervisors. Learners will become leaders in customer satisfaction and help implement systems that significantly enhance the company’s reputation.
Learners will introduce new systems and standards and lead the way in dealing with customers. In addition, they will learn up selling skills and ensure the restaurant increases its turnover.
- Show value of Lifetime Customers
- How to increase sales to existing customers
- Effects of losing Customers
- Why Customers leave
- How to stop Customers leaving
- Turn dissatisfied Customers into Lifetime Customers (+ 1 books unique DTA system)
- Complaints’ handling
- Show that only 1 in 5 satisfied Customers return
- Show how to Delight Customers – in this restaurant
- How to motivate customers to tell their friends and return
The outputs of this course will be:
- Customer care standards
- Complaints policy to empower staff
- Improvement ideas
- Areas that need attention and systems
- Business development ideas
- Devise an Action Plan
Tadhg Kennedy, Owner Jack Whites Inn, – “When we started with Marc, we were no. 28 on Trip Advisor for Wicklow Restaurants and Bars and after a few training sessions we got up to no. 8. Every staff member, including the chefs have been through the “Delight and Upsell” course. It is very noticeable now in the comments by visitors on Trip Advisor that staff have made an impression, and many get named which is very positive and rewarding for staff!”
Carolanne Rushe Sweetbeat Café Sligo, “Thanks so much for the session yesterday. It certainly went above my expectations and I and Simon are excited to start using some of the tools you taught.”
Romayne Farrell Greenhouse Café Gorey, “Many thanks for the course & some very useful tips and ways of dealing with customers which I have already put into practice with my team and the customers have responded very favourably”.
Marc Thornton, DTA Marketing
Marc is managing director of DTA Marketing, a well-established Marketing and Customer Care consultancy in Dublin. Prior to joining DTA Marketing he held senior marketing positions with Superquinn, Securicor, Deloitte and AIB plc. He is a member and Graduate (Grad MMII) of the Marketing Institute of Ireland (formally vice chairman) and is a Fellow (FIHI) and former council member of the Irish Hospitality Institute. He regularly gives seminars on marketing, selling and customer care. He has assisted over 400 companies with their marketing and addresses over 2,000 people annually at conferences and workshops. Marc has written many articles for business publications (Sunday Business Post, Business Plus, Sunday Tribune etc) and has published a book on customer care called – “Winning Lifetime Customers”.
He is a leading marketing, sales, and customer care specialist in the hospitality market.