Start Date: 23/03/2023
Duration: 10am - 1pm
Location: Virtual Delivery
Full Fee: €100
Network Members Fee: €70
This training will equip participants with the skills and knowledge necessary to respond effectively to complaints of bullying and harassment in the workplace.
At the end of the training programme participants will be able to:
- Understand the Code of Practice on the Prevention and Resolution of Bullying at Work.
- Understand the Code of Practice on Sexual Harassment and Harassment at Work.
- Describe how Dignity at Work Policies are used to address bullying and harassment in the workplace.
- Explain the definitions of Bullying, Harassment and Sexual Harassment.
- Know the impact of bullying and harassment on the individual and organisation.
- Outline the informal and formal procedures for addressing bullying, harassment and sexual harassment in the workplace.
- Respond appropriately to complaints of bullying and harassment.
- Identify the differences between grievance complaints, bullying complaints and harassment complaints.
- Demonstrate how they can contribute to creating a positive work environment free of bullying and harassment.
Who is this course for?
This programme is for Managers, HR Managers and those with responsibility for dealing with complaints of bullying and harassment and creating a workplace free of bullying and harassment.
- Relevant Legislation
- Code of Practice on Prevention and Resolution of Bullying at Work
- Code of Practice on Sexual Harassment and Harassment at Work
- Employer and Employee Responsibilities
- Dignity at Work Policies and Procedures
- Defining Bullying, Harassment and Sexual Harassment
- Examples of What Is and What Is Not Bullying
- Procedures for dealing with Bullying in the Workplace
- Characteristics of Harassment
- Procedures for dealing with Harassment and Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
- Differences between Bullying, Harassment and Grievances
- Real Life Scenarios
- Practical Steps to Create a Workplace Free of Bullying and Harassment
- Interpersonal Skills – Listening, Asking Questions Effectively, Dealing with Difficult People
Action HR Services
Action HR provide expert employment law, HR consultancy and training services to small and medium sized businesses throughout Ireland Action HR understands that people are an organisation’s most valuable asset, yet they can also be one of its most costly one. Action HR knows that implementing effective people management solutions will drive the team motivation levels and results. All this while ensuring employment law compliance and HR best practice.