Start Date: 20/09/2022
Duration: 10am - 1pm
Location: Virtual Delivery
Full Fee: €100
Network Members Fee: €70
The aims of the training programme are
• To increase participants understanding of the relevant legislation and case law.
• To provide participants with the skills and knowledge necessary to carry out investigations and other stages of the disciplinary process.
At the end of the training programme participants will be able to:
• Understand the relevant legislation relating to investigations and further stages of the disciplinary process.
• Outline the key components of the Disciplinary Procedure.
• Explain the rules of natural justice and how to ensure that those are afforded to employees.
• Understand when it is appropriate to suspend and how to conduct the process.
• Prepare for an investigation meeting.
• Carry out an investigation meeting and draft an investigation report.
• Prepare for and conduct a disciplinary meeting.
• Prepare for and carry out an appeal meeting.
• Have the knowledge and skills to deal with challenging employees.
Who is this course for?
This programme is for Managers, HR Managers and those with responsibility for carrying out investigations and other stages of the disciplinary process.
- Introduction and Warm Welcome
- Learning Intentions Outcomes and Objectives
- Relevant employment legislation
- Disciplinary during probation
- The importance of a well drafted Disciplinary Procedure
- Suspension pending investigation process
- How to prepare for and carry out an investigation meeting
- How to draft an investigation report
- How to prepare for and carry out a disciplinary meeting
- How to prepare for and carry out an appeal meeting
- Dealing with challenging employees
- Case Law review
- Recap of Learning
- Questions and Answers
Action HR Services
Dominika O’Sullivan, CIPD Bio
Dominika commenced her HR career with Hilton Worldwide where she held a range of HR positions including HR Manager for the Conrad Dublin and Recruitment Specialist for Hilton Worldwide’s Ireland-based properties. She has also worked as a HR Manager for Choice Hotels Ireland and the Dalata Hotel Group, and led the recruitment function and co-lead the HR function in preparation for the re-opening of Adare Manor Resort in Co. Limerick.