Start Date: 16/10/2024 +17/10
Duration: 10am - 1pm
Location: Virtual Delivery
Full Fee: €130
Network Members Fee: €90
This training will equip participants with the skills and knowledge necessary to manage conflict effectively. The participants will gain knowledge of sources and types of conflicts as well as managing conflicts using various methods and models.
This workshop will be delivered over 2 x 3 hour sessions.
At the end of the training programme participants will be able to:
- Identify sources and implications of workplace conflict.
- Identify and deal with the behaviours that trigger or escalate conflict.
- Understand the different approaches/ techniques to conflict resolution.
- Develop their communications skills when dealing in with others in the workplace.
- Apply assertiveness when dealing with conflict.
Who is this course for?
This programme is for Managers, HR Managers and those who are responsible for managing conflict.
• Sources of conflict in the workplace.
• The positive and negative effects of conflict on an individual and organisation.
• The role of a manager in effective conflict prevention and resolution.
• The key interpersonal skills for resolving conflict.
• The impact of body language on conflict.
• Conflict resolution approaches and techniques.
• Managing difficult conversations.
• Effective feedback delivery.
• Receiving feedback.
• Practical tips for conflict related meeting facilitation.
• Moving beyond conflict and fostering positive work environment
Action HR Services
Dominika O’Sullivan, CIPD Bio
Dominika commenced her HR career with Hilton Worldwide where she held a range of HR positions including HR Manager for the Conrad Dublin and Recruitment Specialist for Hilton Worldwide’s Ireland-based properties. She has also worked as a HR Manager for Choice Hotels Ireland and the Dalata Hotel Group, and led the recruitment function and co-lead the HR function in preparation for the re-opening of Adare Manor Resort in Co. Limerick.