Start Date: 16/02/2021 + 23rd Feb, 2nd, 9th, 16th & 23rd March
Duration: 6 Days
Location: Virtual Delivery
Accreditation: QQI Level 6 Certificate
Full Fee: €680
Network Members Fee: €525
The aim of this course is to understand financial terminology, to develop an awareness of the key elements to good financial management. The aim is also to demonstrate an ability to read and understand financial statements and to be able to assess financial performance and the viability of an entity. This course will be delivered over 6 days. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time.
- Distinguish between different types of accounts
- Know the main types of accountancy bodies in the Republic of Ireland
- Explain financial terminology relating to financial statements
- Outline the main sources of regulation which govern financial reporting
- Understand the main components of a Balance Sheet and be able to analyse it
- Understand the main components of a Trading, Profit and Loss Account and be able to analyse it
- Understand the main components of a cash flow statement and be able to be able to analyse it
- Understand and be able to state the difference between profit and cash
- Use ratios to assess financial performance of an entity
- List non-financial factors which may impact on an entities financial performance
- Comment and make recommendations on liquidity, operational efficiency, profitability and return on investment
- Recognise a budgetary control system
- Evaluate and comment on budgetary data
- Analyse and evaluate cash flow projections
Who is this course for?
Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in a management/supervisory role.
Assignment 40% Examination Theory 60% Learners will receive assignment briefs and guidelines on completing these assessments.
Barrow Training is a specialist and accredited training centre based in Bagenalstown, Co. Carlow. Shortlisted for “Best Further Education Provider” at the 2019 Education Awards.
They offer professional training and consultancy nationwide and deliver training Hospitality, Management and Corporate Well-being and much more who are also QQI & PHECC accredited.
Barrow Training have a 100% learner pass rate and first-class customer service – and are the number one choice for over 10,000 learners in Ireland.
BA, H.Dip. In Education – UCD Certificate in Training and Further Education – NUI, Maynooth. Advanced Diploma in Personal and Executive Coaching Certificate – NUI Maynooth Adult Guidance -Theory and Practice– NUI Maynooth Diploma in CIPD HR Management – Carlow Institute of Technology