Start Date: 22/03/2023 + 23/03, 24/03
Location: 3 days in person IMI, Sandyford Rd, Sandyford, Dublin, D16 X8C3
Full Fee: €2075
Network Members Fee: €1660
To move from manager to leader, you need to build a solid foundation in financial knowledge to interpret figures and understand what lies behind them. In this programme, you will achieve a greater understanding of how finances influence your organisation’s strategy, structure, people and systems.
This programme will give you the skills you need to perform your own job better and to contribute more effectively to your financial management team. You will get a grounding in financial accounting, balance sheets, cashflow statements, capital budget and project appraisals, and working capital – the life blood of every business. You will also have the option to include the micro-accreditation element of the programme, putting you on the pathway to achieving a Professional Diploma in Management, awarded by UCC.
If participants choose to undertake certification there is an additional fee of €150 per person. Successful completion results in obtaining 5 ECT Credits at level 9.
On successful completion of this module, participants should be able to:
- Communicate with more confidence using financial language and be able to ask the ‘right’ questions of finance professionals
- Understand and explain the content of financial statements (balance sheet and income statement)
- Critically appraise and benchmark financial performance against internal and external comparators
- Appreciate the financial consequences of day-to-day operational decisions on performance, cash flow and financing requirements.
Who is this course for?
This course is for you, if you deal with financial information and are responsible for budgets, or are aspiring to a position which requires you to do so. Ideal for professionals from non-financial backgrounds who are looking to move into more senior leadership positions.
- Introduction to financial accounting including double entry process and preparing and reading balance sheets, and income statements
- Ratio analysis for measuring organisational performance in comparison to internal and external benchmarks
- Decision making – causal factors driving sustainable financial performance
- Budgeting, forecasting and cash flow
Irish Management Institute
Our Mission, And Passion, Is to Equip Leaders To Build The Future.Founded by business leaders for business leaders, IMI areempowering world-class executives for over sixty years.In partnership with UCC’s expert research faculty and an international network of thought leaders, our globallyranked executive development will challenge, support and inspire you to unlock your potential and fulfil your ambition.Surrounded by passionate, like-minded executives, you’ll be equipped with the tools and insights to shape the future of your organisation. IMI’stransformational impact will last, allowing organisations and their leaders to constantly evolve to match and successfully fulfil their potential.
The Irish Hospitality Institute (IHI) was founded in 1966 as the professional membership body for professionals working within hospitality, tourism and catering industries in Ireland.
Since its founding, the IHI has been dedicated to promoting professional development and lifelong learning through a variety of management development and training initiatives, including seminars, conferences, and networking opportunities.
“Our mission is to encourage and enable the professional growth of our industry professionals while also promoting excellence in the hospitality and tourism industry”.
We are pleased to partner with the Irish Management Institute and the Restaurant and Hospitality Skillnet to support the professional development and growth of our industry professionals.