Start Date: 28/10/2021 +29th October, 1st, 2nd & 3rd Nov
Duration: 5 Days (9.30am - 4.00pm)
Location: Virtual via Zoom
Are you looking to upskill or gain new food and beverage skills?
This 5 day programme is designed to help train individuals with the basic skills needed to work within the hospitality industry. This course covers both practical skills and the theory behind these skills. This course will enable individuals to become more competent in customer service, teamwork and food and beverage skills.
This programme is being delivered as part of the Skills Connect Initiative.
Course dates are: 28th, 29th October, 1st, 2nd & 3rd November
- To understand and be able to deliver excellent customer service.
- To know how to upsell and what going the extra mile for the customer and anticipating the customer needs is.
- To understand the meaning of teamwork, what it takes and be able to be a good team player.
- To know the law for the responsible service of alcohol and to serve customers accordingly.
- To be able to carry and clear plates, how to take an order for food and drink.
- To know the full sequence of service and different service styles.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is suitable for anyone who is currently unemployed or on temporary lay off.
(If you are unsure if you qualify please email email@example.com to enquire)
Excellent Customer Service
- How to meet, greet and seat customers
- Anticipating the customers needs
- Non verbal communication
- Handling customer complaints
- What is teamwork
- The importance of teamwork
- The roles in effective teams
- Increasing productivity
- How to be a team player
Food & Beverage Skills
- How to take food and drink orders
- How to serve food and drink
- How to carry and clear plates
- The sequence of service
- How to serve wine
Responsible Service of Alcohol
- Learn how to sell and serve alcohol responsibly
- Know the rules of serving alcohol and penalties for breaching these rules
- Recognise customers affected by alcohol and know the limit
- How to refuse serving a drink or prohibiting entry to a bar
- How to manage disorderly behaviour
Fiona Dunne of Hospitality Skills Ireland
Fiona Dunne has over 28 years experience in the hospitality sector. A failte Ireland Cert Instructor from 2004 to 2009 and a Hospitality Instructor from 2012 to present. Fiona Dunne completed her training at GMIT in 1998.
Fiona Dunne completed the Training Needs Identification & Design Level 6 in 2016 with CPL Institute and the Train the Trainer in 2004 by Failte Ireland.
James Sexton Owner of HIYA Event Management
James has been in the event business for over 30 years and he is also a TV Format writer. James’s biggest strength is simply creating. Most of the events at HIYA Event Management are created by James and his team. James is the creator of the hit RTE TV Show Ireland’s Fittest Family and he has just signed a deal, with ITV Studios London with his latest format. James has huge experience in this industry as he is also a professional entertainer and the audience warm up for Irelands Got Talent, as well as other TV Shows. When it comes to entertainment and Event Management, he has been there done that.