Start Date: 28/01/2021 + 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th Feb & 4th March
Duration: 6 days
Location: Online Virtual Delivery
Accreditation: QQI Level 6 Certificate
Full Fee: €680
Network Members Fee: €525
This course will equip the learner with knowledge, skill and competence in Human Resource Management principles to enable them to apply these to planning, organising, implementation, evaluation and revision of human resource management practices for the attainment of organisational goals.
This course is delivered virtually over 6 days.
- Assess the evolution, scope and policy goals of human resource management
- Evaluate the relevance of strategic human resource management to organisational performance and business strategy
- Explore the benefits and process of human resource planning, to include appropriate strategies to deal with labour shortages and surplus
- Assess the goals, benefits, process and methods of organisational motivation, training and development to include the needs for and benefits of training
- Evaluate the core objectives, benefits and challenges of performance management, to include evaluation of what constitutes good performance management and reward systems
- Explore the role, benefits and methodologies of effective grievance and discipline handling within an organisation
- Evaluate the theoretical basis for Industrial Relations and it application in the business environment
- Generate appropriate recruitment and selection documentation to include job specification, person specification and interview marking sheets
- Devise an interview strategy for a stated vacancy to include an appropriate interview environment, panel and structure, and use of appropriate interview techniques and questions, taking cognisance of relevant employment legislation
- Formulate appropriate performance management methodologies for an organisation and for given organisational roles
- Generate appropriate grievance and discipline strategies for given set of circumstances
- Apply theoretical principles and practical skills to solving human resource management issues in the work environment
- Support the effective operation of a human resource department in the business environment
Who is this course for?
Managers or supervisors managing employees
Each participant will be given allocated work to do between the live lecture days. The lecture days will consist of three 45 minute lectures. One of these days will also involve the completion of their skills demonstrations where they will be given an assessment time to join their lecture to complete their assessment.
All these lectures will be recorded so that the learner can play them back at any point over the three week period.
- Skills demonstration
Trainer Profile – Barrow Training
Barrow Training is a specialist and accredited training centre based in Bagenalstown, Co. Carlow. Shortlisted for “Best Further Education Provider” at the 2019 Education Awards.
They offer professional training and consultancy nationwide and deliver training Hospitality, Management and Corporate Well-being and much more who are also QQI & PHECC accredited.
Barrow Training have a 100% learner pass rate and first-class customer service – and are the number one choice for over 10,000 learners in Ireland.