Start Date: 12/10/2023
Duration: 10am - 1pm
Location: Virtual Delivery
Full Fee: €115
Network Members Fee: €89
The Labour Forecasting & Scheduling webinar is a practical hands-on course to help scheduling managers find the perfect balance between quality management and labour management. It introduces the learners to the concept of managing payroll by using the productivity metric of "hours per unit".
On completion of the webinar, learners will be able to:
- Understand the benefits of using “productivity” to manage labour as opposed to “labour cost as a percentage” which is a flawed metric.
- Identify the various data types and sources so they can create more accurate schedules.
- Calculate a forecast for their department based on volume: i.e. occupied rooms, covers, check-in’s etc…
- Establish a productivity baseline for their department and create schedules considering the volume forecast and their team’s availability and preferred work patterns.
- Analyse labour management performance and identify opportunities for improvement.
Who is this course for?
Suitable for all Supervisors, Managers & HOD’s who are responsible for creating rotas, Finance Managers, HR Managers & General Managers.
- Mangers will learn that labour forecasting is very different to revenue forecasting as it requires volume data (occupied rooms, covers, check-in’s etc…) as opposed to revenue to accurately schedule labour and create more efficient rotas.
- Learners will be introduced to the concept of managing payroll by using the productivity metric of “hours per unit”.
- Learn practical methods to create better rotas which are better aligned with the peaks and troughs of business levels using the 3 R’s: “Right staff in the Right place at the Right time” to service guest demand.
- Learn to use the “forecasting and scheduling cycle” which ensures that a robust methodical approach using data and not just intuition is applied when forecasting, scheduling, and monitoring labour utilisation.
Trainer Profile – Tom McDermott Agility Hospitality
In a career of over 30 years Tom noticed that routine tasks conducted daily in hospitality businesses can include 30% – 50% inefficiency!
Very few hospitality businesses use proven methodologies such as LEAN and Six Sigma to reduce waste and develop more consistent and efficient processes.
Tom created Agility Hospitality to provide continuous improvement training and bespoke LEAN transformation projects specifically tailored for the hospitality and tourism sector.
Before establishing Agility Hospitality, Tom worked internationally for Starwood, Cunard, Radisson and subsequently Hilton where he led their innovative “Operational Excellence” continuous improvement programme across Europe, Middle East & Africa.
Tom holds a LEAN Six Sigma Green Belt and recently completed a Certificate in Data Analytics for Business from DKIT and a Professional Diploma in Transversal skills at UCD and TU Dublin.
He is a passionate advocate of the “bottom up & leader led” approach to continuous improvement where leaders create an environment that nurtures trusting and respectful relationships that unleashes team member creativity.