Start Date: 08/10/2020 (Subject to availability)
Duration: 2 hours (9am - 11am)
Location: Online via Zoom
The National Tourism Development Authority have developed guidelines providing detailed advice on adhering to public health advice and Government protocols as to how businesses can re-open safely. It is paramount that during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic that all Hotel owners ensure they are protecting and informing their workforce fully regarding Covid 19 and minimising the risk of spread of the infection.
This Virtual Training course delivered over Zoom will inform the participants on the control measures needed in the Hotel industry in line with the Government’s, the HSE and Failte Ireland’s recommendations on the management of COVID-19.
- Know what Covid-19 is and how it spreads
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the employer and employees
- Know what the role of the Lead Worker Representative in Hotels entails
- Understand the procedures a Hotel Lead Worker Representative needs to follow
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for those appointed as the Lead Worker Representative in Hotels.
- What is Coronavirus / Key Control Measures
- Role of the Employer
- Health and Safety Documentation including Business Response/Action Plan
- Employee responsibilities in the Hotel industry Including hand and respiratory hygiene and physical distancing measures, correct use of PPE, employee health and what to do if feeling unwell
- Cleaning, Hygiene and HACCP in the Hospitality sector
- Return to Work Process –Hotel Industry specific
- Travel to / from Work
- Prevention of Cross Contamination
- Covid 19 Response Team/ Coordinator and Lead Worker Representative roles
- Control measures for Public Areas, Food and Beverage, Room Service, Bedrooms, Meeting rooms & Events
- Control measures for deliveries of goods and services
- Control measures for COVID-19 Suspect / Confirmed Cases // liaising with Authorities
- Additional Information sources. A set of practical guidelines has been created for Hotels & Guesthouses that details the pre-opening process and gives operational guidelines when your business re-opens and the specific requirements for the Hotel sector. This will be discussed in this training course.
Ayrton Group is Ireland’s go-to provider for safety training and consultancy. www.ayrton.ie
Formed in 1993 Ayrton Group has been continually focused on the provision of best-in-class solutions for their clients across all industry sectors and their business has grown year on year to where they now employ in excess of 150 people
Ayrton Group have been providing tailored bespoke training over many years and in very recent times have delivered a considerable volume of specialist training to individuals and companies with the sole focus being on Covid 19 and the “return to work” protocols issued by the Government and a number of other agencies over recent weeks
Following close collaboration between the RAI and Ayrton Group, two key training courses have been developed, the content finalised and these are aimed specifically at the hospitality sector.
These training courses deal with the requirements of Covid 19 within the hospitality sector and how to safeguard management, staff, suppliers and customers from day one, upon re-opening
All the trainers (listed below) are of the highest calibre, extremely knowledgeable and have been very successfully delivering training on behalf of Ayrton Group for many years
The proposed training for the hospitality sector will be delivered over Zoom which has proven to be an excellent interactive format between trainer and participant
- Kieran Cassidy • William Peacham • Claire Kelly • James Boyd • Brian McKenna •Jerry Harrington