Start Date: 27/03/2024 + 28/03
Location: IMI, Sandyford Rd, Sandyford, Dublin, D16 X8C3
Full Fee: €1500
Network Members Fee: €1050
Why are working relationships so important? Because people make businesses work.
This highly interactive two-day programme is focused on managing people and relationships both in the workplace, and in a hybrid or remote setting. This could be with staff, peers, other managers or stakeholders.
By the end of this programme participants will:
- Be able to leverage relationships to effectively influence and lead those around them. They will enhance their interpersonal skills at any level, enabling them to maximize the value of working relationships, whether in-person or remote.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of psychology and the underlying reasons behind human behavior. They will delve into human dynamics, discovering the significance of psychological safety and trust in interactions.
- Develop the skills to handle difficult situations and conflicts. They will enhance their ability to manage individuals, both in-person and remotely, and gain insights into effective conflict resolution techniques, while also understanding what not to do in such situations.
Who is this course for?
This course is for you, if you want to improve
your interpersonal skills and get more from your working relationships, including those in the hybrid environment.
Understanding human behaviours
Communications at Work
- Understanding your own behaviour style and strengths/weaknesses.
- Diagnosing and understanding the style of others.
- Adapting your style for more effective results in communications and business interactions.
- Learning where your personal biases lie and how to deal with them
Dealing with conflict
- Developing your listening skills.
- Giving and receiving feedback.
- Increasing your self-awareness using the DISC system of self-assessment.
- Communicating your vision, and connecting work with that vision
- Understanding the sources of conflict.
- How to communicate through conflict.
- Bringing a coaching style to your conversations
- Removing the sources of conflict through development of understanding and diversity.
- How to manage conflict in a virtual or hybrid setting.
Irish Management Institute
Our Mission, And Passion, Is to Equip Leaders To Build The Future.Founded by business leaders for business leaders, IMI areempowering world-class executives for over sixty years.In partnership with UCC’s expert research faculty and an international network of thought leaders, our globallyranked executive development will challenge, support and inspire you to unlock your potential and fulfil your ambition.Surrounded by passionate, like-minded executives, you’ll be equipped with the tools and insights to shape the future of your organisation. IMI’stransformational impact will last, allowing organisations and their leaders to constantly evolve to match and successfully fulfil their potential.
The Irish Hospitality Institute (IHI) was founded in 1966 as the professional membership body for professionals working within hospitality, tourism and catering industries in Ireland.
Since its founding, the IHI has been dedicated to promoting professional development and lifelong learning through a variety of management development and training initiatives, including seminars, conferences, and networking opportunities.
“Our mission is to encourage and enable the professional growth of our industry professionals while also promoting excellence in the hospitality and tourism industry”.
We are pleased to partner with the Irish Management Institute and the Restaurant and Hospitality Skillnet to support the professional development and growth of our industry professionals.