Start Date: 09/03/2021
Duration: 1 Day (9:45 am – 5.00 pm)
Location: Virtual Delivery
Full Fee: €90
Network Members Fee: €70
A 1 day marketing course enabling you to devise a Marketing Action Plan for your restaurant and bar for this year and next.
You will understand marketing and learn how to implement a Marketing Action Plan. You will understand the importance of effective and low cost marketing activities like social media.
Each participant will devise a Marketing Action Plan which will be implemented on their return to the office. The structure of Marketing Action Plans will be explained and can be used for years to come
Complementary analysis of marketing and sales material. Participants will be invited to bring material they use and it will be discussed.
Who is this course for?
Designed for marketing managers, owner managers or for those in charge of marketing restaurants, hotels, gastropubs, cafes etc.
- Understanding the difference between marketing, selling and customer care
- Undertake a Marketplace Analysis – use P.E.S.T.L.E. and S.W.O.T techniques
- Set marketing objectives and goals
- Learn about the different marketing strategies
- How to devise an Action Plan
- How to carry out market research to understand customers’ needs
- Understand the most suitable marketing activities
- Select and devise logos and brand strategies
- Use of brand on menus, price lists, printed material
- Identify your USP and communicate it to customers
- Websites and digital marketing
- Social media strategies and tactics = Facebook in particular
- Devising price strategies for meals and functions
- Set a marketing budget
- Upselling tactics for staff
- Use of email signatures, enewsletters, and printed material
- Set up tracking systems for function enquiries
- Delivering a unique and effective selling message for the firm
Marc Thornton, MMII Grad., F.I.H.I.
Marc is managing director of DTA Marketing, a well-established Marketing and Training consultancy in Dublin. Prior to joining DTA Marketing he held senior marketing positions with Superquinn, Securicor, Deloitte and AIB. He was elected a Fellow of the Irish Hospitality Institute. He regularly gives seminars on marketing, selling and customer care. He has assisted over 400 companies with their marketing and addresses over 2,000 people annually at conferences and workshops.
He has trained award winning hospitality and travel team as well as being the consultant to the winning Customer Care team at All Ireland Marketing Awards. Marc has written many articles for business publications (Sunday Business Post, Business Plus, Sunday Tribune etc) and has published a book called – “Winning Lifetime Customers”.
He has assisted many properties in the hospitality sector in Ireland and is a regular presenter at Skillnet workshops. See www.dtamarketing.ie for more information.