Start Date: 21/03/2023
Duration: 1 Day (9:30 am – 4.00 pm)
Location: Virtual Delivery
Full Fee: €100
Network Members Fee: €75
A 1 day marketing course enabling you to devise a Marketing Action Plan for your restaurant and bar for this year and next.
You will understand marketing and learn how to implement a Marketing Action Plan. You will understand the importance of effective and low cost marketing activities like social media.
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the difference between marketing, selling and customer care
- Undertake a Marketplace Analysis – use P.E.S.T.L.E. and S.W.O.T techniques
- Set SMART marketing objectives and goals
- Devise a Marketing Action Plan which will be implemented on their return to the workplace
- Carry out market research to understand customers’ needs
- Identify your USP and communicate it to customers
- Set a marketing budget
Who is this course for?
Designed for marketing managers, owner managers or for those in charge of marketing restaurants, hotels, gastropubs, cafes etc.
- Different marketing strategies
- How to devise an Action Plan
- Understanding the most suitable marketing activities
- Logos and brand strategies
- Use of brand on menus, price lists, printed material
- Websites and digital marketing
- Social media strategies and tactics = Facebook in particular
- Devising price strategies for meals and functions
- Upselling tactics for staff
- Use of email signatures, e-newsletters, and printed material
Marc Thornton, MMII Grad., F.I.H.I.
Marc is managing director of DTA Marketing, a well-established Marketing and Training consultancy in Dublin. Prior to joining DTA Marketing he held senior marketing positions with Superquinn, Securicor, Deloitte and AIB. He was elected a Fellow of the Irish Hospitality Institute. He regularly gives seminars on marketing, selling and customer care. He has assisted over 400 companies with their marketing and addresses over 2,000 people annually at conferences and workshops.
He has trained award winning hospitality and travel team as well as being the consultant to the winning Customer Care team at All Ireland Marketing Awards. Marc has written many articles for business publications (Sunday Business Post, Business Plus, Sunday Tribune etc) and has published a book called – “Winning Lifetime Customers”.
He has assisted many properties in the hospitality sector in Ireland and is a regular presenter at Skillnet workshops. See www.dtamarketing.ie for more information.