Start Date: 06/11/2023 & 7/11
Duration: 2 days in person - 09:00-17:00
Location: IMI, Sandyford Rd, Sandyford, Dublin, D16 X8C3
Full Fee: €2700
Network Members Fee: €2160
This highly interactive programme is designed to give participants a real insight into how the ER Negotiations process works in Ireland.
Our exceptional and highly experienced practitioner-led faculty will inform the development of an effective employment relations strategy for your organisation and enhance your capability and confidence to work effectively in this arena.
By the end of this programme participants will:
- Understand the evolving context within which ER negotiations take place
- Have a framework for planning and executing an effective ER strategy
- Possess the key communication skills to lead industrial relations negotiations.
Who is this course for?
The programme is designed to meet the learning needs of HR Managers, HR Business
Partners and ER Specialists charged with developing and implementing effective ER
strategies and for line managers delivering change in their organisation
The programme covers:
- Mapping and understanding the Irish Industrial Relations and Employment Relations
- Principles of effective workplace problem solving and dispute resolution
- Leading effective workplace negotiations – developing an effective negotiations strategy and tactical plan
- Case study review and local level negotiations role-play
- Alternative Dispute Resolution– practical options for resolving individual and collective issues
- The law governing employee representation, ballots, industrial action and strike action options for employers
including injunctions, issuing protective notice and responding to limited industrial action.
- The role of the WRC on individual and collective ER Cases
- Case study review and Mock Labour Court Hearing
- Guidance on preparing submissions to the WRC and Labour Court
- Review of Key Learnings and Close
Irish Management Institute
Our Mission, And Passion, Is to Equip Leaders To Build The Future.Founded by business leaders for business leaders, IMI areempowering world-class executives for over sixty years.In partnership with UCC’s expert research faculty and an international network of thought leaders, our globallyranked executive development will challenge, support and inspire you to unlock your potential and fulfil your ambition.Surrounded by passionate, like-minded executives, you’ll be equipped with the tools and insights to shape the future of your organisation. IMI’stransformational impact will last, allowing organisations and their leaders to constantly evolve to match and successfully fulfil their potential.
The Irish Hospitality Institute (IHI) was founded in 1966 as the professional membership body for professionals working within hospitality, tourism and catering industries in Ireland.
Since its founding, the IHI has been dedicated to promoting professional development and lifelong learning through a variety of management development and training initiatives, including seminars, conferences, and networking opportunities.
“Our mission is to encourage and enable the professional growth of our industry professionals while also promoting excellence in the hospitality and tourism industry”.
We are pleased to partner with the Irish Management Institute and the Restaurant and Hospitality Skillnet to support the professional development and growth of our industry professionals.