Start Date: 31/10/19
Full Fee: €175
Network Members Fee: €220
This online training course is an integral part of the Gluten Free Eat Out Pledge for all staff both kitchen and front of house. It enables caterers to clearly demonstrate their knowledge and commitment to the preparation and service of gluten free food. This training will ensure that coeliac diners will feel confident in their choice of restaurant hence ensuring that the establishment becomes their first choice for eating out, giving competitive edge.
The course will provide you with the knowledge and confidence to cater for the needs of those following a gluten free diet.
You can complete the training in your own time.
Who is the course for?
All staff both kitchen and front of house who should be competent in gluten free food knowledge.
- Understanding coeliac disease
- What people with coeliac disease need
- Why serve gluten free
- The law on gluten free
- Managing gluten free : 6 basic principles of catering gluten free encompassing:
- Choosing and using the right ingredients
- Preparing and cooking gluten free food.
- Cleaning and personal hygine
- Communicating with your staff
- Serving gluten free meals – communicating with consumers
Coeliac Society of Ireland
- Graduate Diploma in Food Science and Technology
- M Sc in Community Health
- B Ed Home Economics
- ISO 22000:2018 Lead Auditor training
- Guest Lecture U.C.D. Food Safety
- European Quality Award (E.Q.A.) Assessor training
- HACCP & Train Trainer (R.I.P.H.H.)
A highly qualified and experienced technical professional with over 30 years of expertise working within the food and drink industry. Strong analytical and problem solving ability with excellent communication, interpersonal and people management skills. An experienced auditor working within food & drink sector and covering various different types of audits including retail, catering, food manufacturing, supplier.
Specific expertise in quality and regulatory compliance having worked as Global Quality & Regulatory Manager for a leading multi-national organisation. With broad commercial and industrial knowledge having chaired professional bodies such as the Regulatory and Environment Committee in Food Drink Ireland and been an active member of many Irish & European Associations. Represented the industry on relevant national and European associations.