Start Date: 29/03/2022
Duration: 10am - 1pm
Location: Virtual Delivery
Full Fee: €100
Network Members Fee: €70
The aims of the training programme are
• To increase participants understanding of effective methods of performance management.
• To provide participants with the skills and knowledge necessary to adopt the culture of effective continuous performance management.
The participants will be given the opportunity to develop their skills through the medium of practical examples including case law review, role play and case studies.
At the end of the training programme participants will be able to:
- Understand the importance of an effective recruitment process.
- Identify the difference between an effective performance management process and bullying.
- Describe the benefits of continuous performance management and its impact on organisational culture.
- Outline the objectives and benefits of an effective probation management process and how to carry out the meeting.
- Outline the objectives and benefits of effective appraisal process and how to conduct the meetings effectively.
- Develop performance improvement plans.
- Deal with challenging employees.
- Give and respond to constructive feedback.
Who is this course for?
This programme is for Managers and those with responsibility for managing employee performance directly.
- Introduction and Warm Welcome
- Learning Intentions Outcomes and Objectives
- The importance of effective recruitment
- Effective performance management versus bullying
- Aims and benefits of probation
- Relevant probation case law
- Fair and effective probation management process
- Characteristics of high performing organisations
- Aims and benefits of performance appraisals
- Fair and effective performance appraisal meetings
- Performance improvement plans
- Dealing with challenging employees
- Top tips for giving constructive feedback
- How to receive feedback
- Recap of Learning
- Questions and Answers
Action HR Services
Dominika O’Sullivan, CIPD Bio
Dominika commenced her HR career with Hilton Worldwide where she held a range of HR positions including HR Manager for the Conrad Dublin and Recruitment Specialist for Hilton Worldwide’s Ireland-based properties. She has also worked as a HR Manager for Choice Hotels Ireland and the Dalata Hotel Group, and led the recruitment function and co-lead the HR function in preparation for the re-opening of Adare Manor Resort in Co. Limerick.