Start Date: 17/12/2020
Duration: 3 hours (10am - 1pm)
Location: Online via Zoom
This course aims to educate the manager/owner on how to conduct a fair redundancy process as guided by the Redundancy Payments Acts 1967–2014.
- Understand the risks on the termination of employment via the redundancy process.
- Understand where/how to calculate a statutory redundancy payment.
- Understand the position v’s person redundancy stance.
- Be able to carry out a redundancy process in line with the legislation.
Who is this course for?
All members of management working in the Hospitality industry
- Governing Legislation
- What is redundancy
- Position v’s Person
- Failure to Consult
- Collective Redundancy
- Notification to the Minister
- Selection Process v’s Unfair Selection Criteria
- Alternative Work
- Statutory Redundancy Payment
- Ex-Gratia Payments
The HR Suite
Caroline Lyons is currently undertaking a BA in Human Resource Management from the University of Limerick. Before joining The HR Suite Caroline worked in the retail industry in Ireland and the UK. She has over ten years of people management including excellent customer service.