Start Date: 08/05/2024
Duration: 10am - 4.00pm
Location: Online via Zoom
Full Fee: €130
Network Members Fee: €90
Supervisors on the middle management tier, often have a difficult role to play as much of the time this will be their first management positions. This programme looks to strengthen their skillset and subsequently their confidence, leading to better decision making and leadership.
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify leadership traits and carry out a self analysis on their own leadership style; strengths/ weaknesses/ opportunities and threats
- Overcome communications challenges and be creative with communicating with their teams
- Manage how they use their time inside and outside of work
- Apply critical thinking skills and problem solving skills to their work life to improve team effectiveness and efficiency
- Use techniques to resolve conflict in the workplace
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for those who are aspiring to be or have just been promoted to Supervisors/ Junior Managers.
- Conflict Resolution
- Critical thinking
- Interpersonal skills
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
Karen Healy is a Learning and Development Consultant specialising in the Hospitality Industry. With 25 years’ experience in hotel operations, 15 of those in Learning and Development.
Karen has an MA (Hons) in Hotel & Catering Management from Dundee University in Scotland and has worked internationally completing her Trainee Management Programme with the Ritz Carlton Hotel Company in the USA.
She then moved to London and gained her first Management experience with Hilton Heathrow Hotel, as Accommodation Manager. Her journey then took the path of the HR route and she worked as a Recruitment Consultant in Edinburgh and Dublin, and subsequently moving into her first hotel HR role with Clontarf Castle.
After gaining excellent grounding in this role, Karen specialised further into Learning & Development, working initially with Conrad Dublin and then Hilton Ireland looking after all their properties in Ireland.
4 years ago Karen started her own business, Meraki.ie, after a move to Cork and works with the likes of Trigon Hotels, Hayfield Manor, The Pembroke (Kilkenny), Galgorm (Ballymena), The Celtic Ross Hotel (Rosscarbery) to name a few.