Start Date: 12/01/2021 (19/1, 26/1, 2/2, 9/2 & 16/2)
Duration: 10am - 1pm on each day
Location: Online via Zoom
This programme will impart the skills that you are expected to know but have never been given the opportunity to learn.
There is a 3 hour zoom session, once a week over 6 weeks with 2 projects as part of the programme. Ideal opportunity to network with others in the industry. This programme is fully funded under the Skills Connect fund.
This course will be run on the following dates: 12th, 19th and 26th January, 2nd, 9th & 16th February
- Leadership Module – identify leadership traits and self analysis of delegates on their own leadership style; strengths/ weaknesses/ opportunities and threats
- Team Development – consideration of team dynamics, one to one and interaction as a group, how to lay foundations for future team strength
- Communication – what works, the challenges within hospitality and how to overcome and get creative with practical tips
- Time Management – this module allows delegates to really hold a mirror to themselves and how they use their own time both inside and outside of work
- Managing Change – detailed analysis of leader and team reactions to change, how to get everyone working together in times of great uncertainty
- Train the Trainer – the delegate will learn the basics of team training and how to maintain training at the core of what they do as leaders
- Coaching – as a method of management this is the most effective and often not used as it has never been highlighted
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for those who are aspiring to be or have just been promoted to Supervisors/ Junior Managers and are currently unemployed or on temporary lay off.
- Appraisals/ Team Development
- Time Management
- Managing Change
- Train the Trainer
- Coaching Skills
Karen Healy is a Learning and Development Consultant specialising in the Hospitality Industry. With 25 years’ experience in hotel operations, 15 of those in Learning and Development.
Karen has an MA (Hons) in Hotel & Catering Management from Dundee University in Scotland and has worked internationally completing her Trainee Management Programme with the Ritz Carlton Hotel Company in the USA.
She then moved to London and gained her first Management experience with Hilton Heathrow Hotel, as Accommodation Manager. Her journey then took the path of the HR route and she worked as a Recruitment Consultant in Edinburgh and Dublin, and subsequently moving into her first hotel HR role with Clontarf Castle.
After gaining excellent grounding in this role, Karen specialised further into Learning & Development, working initially with Conrad Dublin and then Hilton Ireland looking after all their properties in Ireland.
4 years ago Karen started her own business, Meraki.ie, after a move to Cork and works with the likes of Trigon Hotels, Hayfield Manor, The Pembroke (Kilkenny), Galgorm (Ballymena), The Celtic Ross Hotel (Rosscarbery) to name a few.