Duration: 1 day (9.30am – 3.30pm)
Location: Delivered on site
Full Fee: €600
Network Members Fee: €510
This one day course is designed to give employees the necessary skills to deliver on the job training. It is essential for trainers to understand learning styles, needs analysis and skills gaps to design and deliver effective on the job training. This course will give individuals the skills to deliver impactful training with confidence. This course is practical and tailored for the restaurant and hospitality industry.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the different learning styles of employees including visual, auditory, kinesthetic.
- Identify your own learning style and understand how this will impact you as a trainer.
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of a trainer.
- Be able to carry out a training needs analysis of the business.
- Create a pre training brief template and a de brief template for training.
- Create a skills checklist and training plan to implement in the workplace.
Who is this course for?
Managers or supervisors working within the hospitality industry who train staff as part of their job.
- Your Learning Style
- Role of the trainer
- Training Needs Analysis
- Skills Gaps
- Correct Training
- Pre /De Brief
- So we trained them – still problems?
- Skills Checklist and training plan to bring back to your department
Fiona Dunne of Hospitality Skills Ireland
Fiona Dunne has over 28 years experience in the hospitality sector. A failte Ireland Cert Instructor from 2004 to 2009 and a Hospitality Instructor from 2012 to present. Fiona Dunne completed her training at GMIT in 1998.
Fiona Dunne completed the Training Needs Identification & Design Level 6 in 2016 with CPL Institute and the Train the Trainer in 2004 by Failte Ireland.