Development of Hospitality Personas
This report identified 6 hospitality personas:
- Persona A: Future Star – With a positive outlook and a keenness to maintain their work-life balance, they have the potential to mentor and develop junior staff and new entrants.
- Persona B: Career Committed – Personal development and enhanced management skills can keep this persona motivated.
- Persona C: Family Ties – To keep them engaged, their acquired skills need to be recognised and their leadership/people skills enhanced.
- Persona D: Career Seeker – To keep them in the industry, they need career guidance and opportunities to upskill.
- Persona E: Career Mover – Recognition of prior learning and micro-credentials to acquire qualifications may make them more interested in staying in the sector.
- Persona F: Career Entrant – They need confidence building and to be shown a purpose and progression opportunities. Develop their people skills to encompass dealing with colleagues, bosses and customers – listening, patience, taking feedback and correction.
Each segment’s persona tells its story creatively, summarising their current role, perceptions, values, staying power in the industry and the requirements to train and retain them.
Key demographic classification points are included where relevant to a segment profile. However, note that socio-demographic characteristics are not differentiated across every segment.
To aid in distinguishing and communicating them, each segment was given a name that describes or encapsulates their positioning. The following overviews were developed to bring the personas to life.