Start Date: 31/12/2023 AVAILABLE ALL YEAR eLearning completed at any time
Duration: 3 hours (complete in your own time)
Full Fee: €70
Network Members Fee: €35
This short e-learning course has been developed for those working within hospitality businesses, where English is not their first language. This course will give the participants a good understanding of basic terminology used within a restaurant & hospitality setting. Throughout the e-learning, learners will be provided with many practical examples on how they can use the terminology within their job role.
Course is delivered in English. Subtitle Languages Available: French, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese and Romanian.
By the end of this course you will:
· Understand all of the language associated with your food and beverage role.
· Be confident in dealing with people throughout your working day.
· Be able to answer the telephone and take a food & drinks order.
· Be able to name various drinks that are served at the bar.
· Be able to name various objects and dishes in the kitchen.
· Be confident in using vocabulary associated with accommodation and cleaning.
Who is this course for?
This course is for individual’s working within the hospitality industry looking to improve their communication skills.
Module 1: Front Desk and Concierge Speak
Module 2: Restaurant Vocabulary and Phrases
Module 3: Bar Terminology
Module 4: Kitchen Terminology
Module 5: Cleaning Staff Essential Vocabulary
Fully online courses with no time limits. Multiple online assessment attempts allowed.
Once registered, learners will be set up on the e-learning programme and they will receive an automatic email to set a password, log in and complete the training. The training can be completed at any time and does not have to be completed in one sitting, progress of learners will be saved. Upon completion, learners will receive a certificate of completion from Restaurant & Hospitality Skillnet/Restaurants Association of Ireland.